Behind the couch was the only place we could store them even partially - they are 16 feet long and very awkward to move. We did install quarter rounds in a select few places already - behind the toilets and sinks for example (see below), since it would be too difficult to do after the toilets were in place - but most of the rooms are completely sans the trim.
So, this past weekend was "quarter round painting weekend" for me. I managed to get every inch fully primed and also painted with one coat of paint - 8 long pieces at a time, and the breezeway was the perfect place to set up three saw horses for this long project.
Although they all need one more final coat of paint, I'll apply that right before we install each piece. Otherwise they will get too dinged up in the pile of painted quarter rounds, below, and will need too much touch-up.
Now, we just need a weekend of good weather (and not 13 inches of snow like we experienced in Philly this past week) so Rob can set up the saw outside and get these cut, and installed. That installation will, of course, produce even more nail holes to keep me busy and out of trouble.