Glenlochan -The Beginning

Glenlochan -The Beginning
Glenlochan - The Beginning

Glenlochan Today

Glenlochan Today
Glenlochan Today

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Me and My Machete

The yard and grounds surrounding Glenlochan have many features that we love, and one that we do not:

Yup, a very large stand of bamboo.  Invasive, spreading, and impossible to eradicate bamboo.  The tool of choice to remove bamboo?  Well, we really weren't sure, but Rob purchased a $12.99 machete and I decided to give it a go.

Never having used a machete before, I wasn't really sure that this would be something I'd enjoy or be able to do.  But, in my effort to avoid another afternoon in the dusty house doing demo and wearing this:


I decided it was the lesser of two evils.  Is machete proficiency a marketable skill?  I'm guessing not.  Nonetheless, I appear to have a quite a talent for this handy little tool.


In an entire afternoon of hacking bamboo, I made considerable progress.....

.....or so I thought.  Unfortunately, only about 10% of the bamboo was actually cut down after all that effort.  Needless to say, me and my machete are not going to be sufficient to solve the Glenlochan bamboo problem.  Fortunately, we have a few other tricks up our sleeves...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment