Glenlochan -The Beginning

Glenlochan -The Beginning
Glenlochan - The Beginning

Glenlochan Today

Glenlochan Today
Glenlochan Today

Thursday, August 25, 2011

No More Attic Floor (And a Job for Amee!)

Rob's been working on his own during the week to clear the attic of all ducts, electrical wiring, mechanical units, and floor boards.  Yes, floor boards.  When I arrived out at the house on the weekend, there wasn't anything left of the attic, including the floor - you can see all the way to the roof now (which leads to some potential interesting design possibilities for raised ceilings in the renovated home...).




All of this work in the attic led to an interesting find - a pile of old keys just fell out of the attic while he was working.  There are some interesting ones in the mix.


As he removed the attic floor boards, Rob had stacked all of them in a nice neat pile outside.  Not.


Each board was also chock full of nails.  My assignment was to remove the nails from each and every board and stack them neatly so that someone (probably not us) could use all this nice, rough cut lumber.  Rob even bought a nifty nail belt for me to wear for this particular job.  I actually suspect that he was just giving me busy work to keep me out of his way in the house, but I wasn't about to complain about being out in the sunshine, sans tyvek suit and face mask, and taking out my frustrations on the wayward nails and boards.  Of all jobs to date, this is the one I've enjoyed the most (notice the smile).



 Several hours of pounding and stacking later, and the boards were nail-free and in neat piles by size.




By the end of the day, my new nail belt was quite heavy with used nails and I was convinced I'd missed my true calling to be a carpenter. 



No comments:

Post a Comment