Glenlochan -The Beginning

Glenlochan -The Beginning
Glenlochan - The Beginning

Glenlochan Today

Glenlochan Today
Glenlochan Today

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Gimme Three Steps

Nope, I wasn't cutting the rug, but rather cleaning it.  Actually, them.  My quest to cover the floors at Glenlochan with as many of the rugs that came with the house as possible continued through the fall.  As mentioned in the original rug post, I would not bring a rug into the house unless it was clean enough and smelled good enough that I was willing to stick my nose in the fibers.  I've continued with my unconventional but effective cleanings and, over the months, I've now cleaned by hand every rug that I think will survive my heavy handed methods.  One large rug was too damaged to save and several appear to be antiques that we will be taking to a professional for assessment and cleaning.  This is the one that started it all.

 
I then moved on to the aqua floral rug that turned out to be a perfect match for our bedroom.

The blue floral looks great in the downstairs blue bedroom and cleaned up so nicely.

And, most recently, the brown rug currently adorning the game room in front of the fireplace, seen here in drying mode.

Not pictured is the green rug from our last house that also needed a good scrubbing after a few years in storage.  Each one required a lot of elbow grease, but they all look good and, most importantly, are completely clean and odor-free.  Baby steps towards getting this house fully furnished and decorated. 



No comments:

Post a Comment